What Is Pink Mold And Is Pink Mold Dangerous?
Although pink is considered a soothing and calming color, it can be a problem if the mold is growing in your home. If left untreated, pink mold can be dangerous and cause serious health problems. Have you got pink mold growing in your house? Learn more about pink mold and how to remove it. If you’re ever in the need of a professional mold removal company, 911 Restoration of Fayetteville is here to help. Feel free to give us a call anytime time of the day, we’re available 24/7/365 at 910-889-8086.
What is Pink Mold?
Pink mold is slimy, scummy and can be found in damp areas of your home. Although it is often mistaken for mold, pink mold is caused by bacteria serratia marcescens. It’s most common in the bathroom, sinks and bathtubs. Pink mold eats soap residue left behind after cleaning. It is nourished on fats and phosphorus from many soaps used to clean your home and yourself. Although pink mold looks like rust or stain, it becomes slimy as it grows. This mold is usually airborne, so you’ll have to deal with it for a while before you can get rid of it.
Are Pink Molds Dangerous?
Long-term exposure to pink mold can pose a serious health risk, especially for the elderly or those with compromised immune systems. There are many health problems that pink mold can cause, including:
- Urinary tract infections
- Respiratory infections
- Bladder infections
It can also cause illness in your pets! To remove pink mold, get in contact with 911 Restoration of Fayetteville, and we’ll get the pink mold removed.
How can I get rid of pink mold?
If you have large areas of pink mold, or if your immune system is compromised, it is best that you call a Fayetteville mold removal expert who has been trained to handle the removal. You can clear small areas by following these steps.
- Make sure you have your personal protective gear on first. Goggles, gloves, and an N95 respirator mask are all good options. To prevent mold and cleaning chemicals getting on your skin, it is recommended to wear clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Mix 1 part bleach with 10 parts water.
- Use a sponge to scrub the area.
- Use hot water to rinse the scrubbed area.
- If necessary, give the area a second scrub.
- After removing the mold, throw away the sponge and cleaning rag. This will ensure that you have eliminated all pink mold from your home.
How do I manage the mold?
Pink mold, an airborne bacteria, is difficult to eradicate. To eliminate the problem, you must first manage it to ensure it does not have ideal living conditions. Take a shower, wash your hands in the sink and spray the affected areas with vinegar and water. Then ventilate the room. Regular cleaning of your toilets with the same vinegar-water solution will help prevent mold growth. You should also check for condensation and leaks around the toilet bowl.
What are the best times to seek professional help?
Professionals should be called in if you find moldy areas in your home or workplace, or if you have any health concerns. A mold remediation team will come to your home and inspect the mold. They will also test the mold so that they can identify what is going on. Your mold remediation team will then devise a plan to remove the bacteria and clean it up.
Why not call 911 Restoration of Fayetteville?
911 Restoration of Fayetteville is a professional mold remediation company. We are available 24 hours a day to help with any mold emergency. We can help you, whether you’ve suffered from severe water damage or have stubborn mold problems in your bathroom. Call us today at 910-889-8086 to discuss a mold remediation program!